It has been a busy but enjoyable opening for the Youthy so far, with over 180 young people from ages 9-16 signing up for the youth clubs.
Here is a roundup of some of the highlights since we opened our doors in September.
- Regular attendances of between 10 – 40 young people per session
- DofE sessions taking place every Thursday evening, with both new and familiar participants signing up
- Delivering on a wide range of multi-sport activity including football, dodgeball, badminton, table tennis and pool
- Both the chill out zone & tuck shop have been very well received by the young people, regularly selling out
- Hot food such as toasties & baked potatoes provided for young people during youth clubs
- Charisma stars dance troop on a Wednesday evening
- Targeted sessions being very well received by our senior clubs and plans for further delivery around sensitive subjects in the future
- We have our first boxing show coming up, with local boxing club and neighbour Manchester 31 boxing Academy
- Clean up of our garden and outside areas
Here at Partington Youth Centre we are very happy with how we have been received by the community and we are excited about the future. With Halloween and Christmas just around the corner, we hope to provide further support, events and activities for the community moving forward. We can’t wait to see what comes next.