The Federation are opening a youth centre to provide a fun, engaging and inspiring place for the young people of Partington. The youth centre facilities include at sports hall, arts, crafts and media suites, a homework club, a games room, and dining area chill out zone.
We are looking for volunteers to join a team of existing and new youth workers to deliver a structured programme of projects and activities that endeavour to inspire and meet the needs of the young people that use the project.
We own an outdoor pursuits centre in Cumbria and the successful candidate will be encouraged to participate in residentials and events held there.
We are also a Licensed Organisation for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and a willingness to be involved in this work would be welcomed.
- To maintain the ethos of the organisation by providing a caring, safe, and supporting environment.
- To have strong commitment to the values of equality, inclusion, youth, and community work.
- To be a positive role model for young people.
- To support the Senior Youth Worker and youth support staff, to implement policy decisions and objectives.
- To encourage the young people to play an active role in the centre activities.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with young, recognising their different needs and starting points.
- To be part of a team of workers that is able to identify the formal and informal educational, social, cultural, and recreational needs of the young people and to support a programme of positive interventions and innovation, which enhances the knowledge, awareness and the personal development of the young people.
- To represent the Greater Manchester Youth Federation positively and effectively.
- To comply with all policies and procedures, with particular reference to safeguarding, codes of conduct health & safety and equality and diversity.
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring the welfare and safety of youth club members is promoted and safeguarded, and to report any child protection concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead using the safeguarding policies, procedures, and practice (training to be provided).
- To articulate and record young people’s progression in sessional and project recording documentation and support senior staff in providing information for management and funding reporting.
- To attend training sessions. and commit to continuous improvement
Personal Specification: Essential
- A passion for supporting and inspiring young people.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of young people.
- Willingness to complete Safeguarding Training
- Willingness to support Health and Well Being sessions
- Willingness to support Open Access Youth Activities
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles and practice
- A desire to work towards youth worker qualifications.
- An Interest in outdoor pursuits, education, sports, arts, and media
- Knowledge of food hygiene
What we offer
- Safeguard Training
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- In House Youth Work Training and Development
- Sports, media, arts, and cooking experience
- Duke of Edinburgh Award leader training and further outdoor education opportunities
- Continued personal development with the potential to access a youth work qualification
- This role requires an enhanced DBS check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email an up-to-date CV to [email protected]
We place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities, and abilities.
For information regarding how we process your data please visit www.gmyouthfed.org/candidateprivacynotice