The Federation are opening a youth centre to provide a fun, engaging and inspiring place for the young people of Partington. The youth centre facilities include at sports hall, arts, crafts and media suites, a homework club, a games room, and dining area chill out zone.
We are looking for someone to join a team of existing and new youth workers to deliver a structured programme of projects and activities that endeavor to inspire and meet the needs of the young people that use the project.
We own an outdoor pursuits centre in Cumbria and the successful candidate will be expected to participate in residentials and events held there.
We are also a Licensed Organisation for the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and a willingness to be involved in this work would be welcomed.
- To maintain the ethos of the organisation by providing a caring, safe, and supporting environment.
- To have strong commitment to the values of equality, inclusion, youth, and community work.
- To be a positive role model for young people.
- To support the Senior Worker and the organisation, to implement policy decisions and objectives.
- To encourage the young people to play an active role in the centre activities.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with young people, recognising their different needs and starting points.
- To be part of a team of workers that can identify the formal and informal educational, social, cultural, and recreational needs of the young people and plan a programme of positive interventions and innovation, which enhances the knowledge, awareness, and the personal development of the young people.
- To represent the Greater Manchester Youth Federation positively and effectively,
- To comply with all policies and procedures, with reference to safeguarding, codes of conducthealth & safety and equality and diversity.
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring the welfare and safety of youth club members is promoted and safeguarded, and to report any child protection concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead using the safeguarding policies, procedures, and practice (training to be provided)
- To articulate and record young people’s progression in sessional and project recording documentation and support senior staff in providing information for management and funding reporting.
- To attend programme planning and training sessions. and commit to continuous improvement
- To attend weekend residentials and events at The Federations outdoor pursuits centre
- To support the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme sessions and expeditions.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Experience planning and delivering activities, projects and individual interventions on issues relating to young people’s health and wellbeing,
- Good communications skills
- Ability to utilise technology and I.T packages to develop projects with young people.
- Ability to challenge young people’s language and behaviour effectively.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of young people in order to identify personal progression and solutions to problems.
- Experience of working as part of a team, as well as using own initiative to deliver structured programme of activities.
- Experience of working as a team to plan Health and Well Being sessions and to participate in the delivery of health sessions.
- Experience of providing one to one support to young people.
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles and practice and willingness to attend regular safeguarding training.
- Ability to support young people with issues of Employability, during sessions.
- Ability to record and articulate young people’s progression and to support senior staff in identifying organisational impact on young people’s lives.
- Ability to work in independently as well as being part of a team of workersDesirable
- Flexible approach to work
- Youth Work Qualification
- Full Clean Driving License
HOW TO APPLY
Please email an up-to-date CV to [email protected]
We place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities, and abilities.
For information regarding how we process your data please visit www.gmyouthfed.org/candidateprivacynotice